Planning

 

 Planning

This week I have been asked to complete a number of readings and tasks. These are related to the book we are going to publish as a whole class by the end of this academic year. My topic is Marketing, under the chapter - Publishing your Game. I believe my topic is a rather broad one, I hope to find a specific part of my topic where I can go into detail and provide myself and other researchers with significant information on Marketing in video games. 

Keywords


How am I going to plan what I will be writing? 

First of all, I will read more into my topic to grasp a better understanding of it. I will gather a number of academic sources under my topic. When we were to choose a topic, I was naturally drawn to marketing. Although there are many other attractive topics under game design and development, I find the action of selling or promoting a product quite interesting. 

I am going to get in touch with my lecturer to find out if there is a specific route I should be taking. The sooner I find out the requirements and specifications the better, as I can refine my research in order to gain the maximum out of my time and energy. I also need to contact another student in my class who has chosen to write about marketing to organize and differentiate what we will be writing. 

I was joined by Lindsay Dowling from the library at our college this week, she was extremely helpful and informative. I am now enrolled for the Blanchardstown library where I can access tons of helpful sources. I am delighted I now have all the information and knowledge in the library, and I know to use it correctly. 

Using my newfound knowledge of Google scholar and advanced searches, I completed some research based around my topic and keywords related to it.  I came across these three pieces that caught my interest. I read the abstract of each of these and I believe they all touch on a significant and interesting part of video game marketing. 


https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1094996816300548

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13527266.2014.914562

https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/978-1-78714-557-320181024/full/html?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Marketing_in_Emerging_Markets_TrendMD_1



 part of video game marketing. 

Comments

Popular Posts