Unity Tutorial 03

 Unity Tutorial 03

This Week, for my Unity tutorial I completed a further two steps in the Ruby's adventure project. These two steps were named, Decorating the World and World Interactions. The first part of the tutorial was simply decorating the game world with different game objects. In this lesson I also learned how to create a prefab. A prefab is a special kind of component in Unity which allows you to save game objects in the project. The objects can be shared between different projects without changing values. 

In the following section of the lesson I learned about the physics system. I also added a Rigidbody system to Ruby and other game objects which makes them react to real physics. Lastly I added colliders to make my game objects collide with each other. 

There was one thing I seemed to have a problem, which was to do with my game objects and how they collided with each other. Ruby seemed to collide differently to some of the same game objects which makes me believe that I have gone wrong somewhere along the way. I will return to the individual steps of the lesson to determine where exactly I went wrong and to assure I understand why.

Overall, I enjoyed completing this tutorial. I learned many new skills inside Unity and I am delighted to say I am becoming more familiar with the game engine! 

Decorating my World 





Comments

Popular Posts