Reading & Doing Week 07

 Reading & Doing Week 07

For this week assignment I have been asked to read through and critically analyze two of my peers work. I have to leave a detailed comment on their blog post with my critical analyze. I began by going into the Triad document. I expected to see to my name in a team but for some reason I am not in any team. As I am not assigned any particular team, I decided to review two random posts. 


Analysis 


This is the first post I decided to review. 
Immediately I know that this post is about the behaviour associated with people who play video games. They have let us know instantly what they are going to be discussing in their first paragraph which is the relationship violent video games have with behaviour and how they can alter people perception of reality. I believe that the writer has given us a good insight to this first topic is and I also have full confidence that they will have enough information on the topic to include it in their section of the book. 

Their next paragraph is about cognitive ability. Again, this paragraph is discussing the connections between video games and behaviour. This time they discuss a more positive effect of games which is, the connection between adventure, action games and cognitive ability and function. They inform the readers on the benefits this game genre has on your ability learn new and difficult tasks at a more efficient pace. The information is also backed up with the results from a study which is great. I love this topic, I think it is important for people to be aware that video games are not always be bad for your brain. I believe that this writer will have more than enough information based around this topic to discuss and add to the book. I am looking forward to them shedding light on this positive aspect of gaming.

The third paragraph discusses how video games can impact our personality and in reverse how our personality can impact the games we play. This paragraph is short and straight to the point. I believe it is an interesting topic and I am excited to hear more about it. 

The final paragraph and topic mentioned is on visual working memory. Similar to the last paragraph is it short and specific. I admire the topic. I think they idea of shedding more positive light on video games is always good. 


From reading this blog I am confident that they will have the information and ability to complete their section of the class book. This persons topic is based around Core Mechanics and gameplay themes. They discuss education within gaming. I like the topic they have chosen, they mention the connection between VR and learning. I believe it is an interesting theme and with further future research could certainly prove valuable to the education system. 

They also talk about comparison between different game mechanics. Again I believe this is a valuable topic and I am confident from reading this persons work that there is enough information on the topic in order to include it in their part of the book. 

Another topic discussed is addiction mechanics. As mentioned this is something that is included in almost every video game. From reading their paragraph I feel they have positive start on this topic and I look forward to hearing more on the ethics of addiction mechanics. 

Overall, I believe that this reading has a strong amount topics within it. The writer has organized and presented their work very well with clear structure and quality research.


Image Source 


Comments

Popular Posts